Tools, Information & Resources
For a more extensive list of tutors and resources or to be included on this list, contact IDA Wisconsin Branch at email@example.com.
- “Adults with Dyslexia: Pathways to Success”
- Website for the project: www.successwithdyslexia.com
- YouTube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK8AmNIJawc
The Annie E. Casey Foundation has issued a new Kids Count Special Report: Early Warning! Why Reading by the End of Third Grade Matters. You can access the report through the Foundation website.
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity serves as a nexus for research on dyslexia, and is as well a leading source of advocacy and information to better the lives of people with dyslexia. “Our mission is to uncover and illuminate the strengths of those with dyslexia, disseminate the latest innovations from scientific research and practical advice, and transform the treatment of children and adults with dyslexia.” http://dyslexia.yale.edu/?gclid=CI338d_u1MwCFYJZhgod_O4M1g
- Visit Joan Azarva’s website for several great guides for parents of college-bound students with Learning Disabilities.
- The new and improved TechMatrix is a powerful tool to find educational and assistive technology products for students with special needs.
- 100 Web Tools for Learning with a Disability
- The IDA has published its “Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading.” It endorses programs that properly prepare teachers to work with students who have reading difficulties or disabilities.
Experience a Hands-on Dyslexia Simulation
Check out the TV interview that caught part of our March 21, 2013 simulation of what it might feel like to have dyslexia: http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/Understanding-dyslexia-by-walking-in-their-shoes-199472921.html. We usually offer this simulation at our Annual Conference, where you participate in six stations designed to simulate various aspects of dyslexia. This wonderful simulation can be held at your location as well! Contact us to learn details about hosting the Experience Dyslexia Simulation.
Share this page with your friends…